Saturday, October 1, 2005

October 2005

October 3, 2005 Howdy and Happy October to ya! You know what the month of October means....Pumpkins!!! 

Jacob will be going on his first school field trip this week to a pumpkin patch! Brett and I are going along and will take some pictures! Should be a lot of fun! 

I have added some new pictures to the site with more to come soon! Our darn digital camera is still not working properly, so we have to go the long route to get pics on the computer.

October 17, 2005 It's been busy in Fighter Land! But in a good way! Jacob has been doing great at school, other than one day he was in a bad mood. It's so cool to have masterpieces for the fridge! Jacob is a great artist! 

Jacob is crawling so much now that we can't take our eyes off of him for one second or he'll be in another room! Just the other day I left him in the living room while I went into the kitchen. I came back and he had crawled down the hall into the bathroom! He's fast! He has been trying to stand up on his own lately too! That's great to see. He gets on his hands and feet and lifts his upper body. He stands for a few seconds, then falls down on his bottom. Wow! He's going to be standing and walking before we know it! It's so nice to see him finally going mobile!

For the past couple weeks, we have been trying to wean him from the bottle. We have been able to get him down to just two bottles a day, with the rest of his fluids coming from the sippy cup during meals. We hope to have him off the bottle completely within a month or two. We are taking our time and being patient with him.

Our digital camera is suddenly working again (I have no idea what happened) so I should have some new photos up soon!

October 24, 2005 We've been getting many new visitors to JTF! I would like to welcome you and thank you for checking out the site!

October 27, 2005 The last few days have been exhausting. Jacob was running a fever off and on from Monday until late last night. His temp got as high as 104- we were really worried. We didn't want to take him to the hospital unless we absolutely had to, so we did all we could to get his fever down at home. Cool baths, cold compresses, even a few minutes outside in the cool air. Of course we gave him Tylenol every 4 to 6 hours as well. I called his pediatrician's office and spoke with a nurse on Tuesday. She said a virus has been going around with symptoms similar to Jacobs. She told me to keep with what we were doing and call if things got any worse. Although his fever has been gone for several hours, I may take him in to get checked out today.

What I worry about the most when Jacob is sick, is that he refuses to eat or drink. I catch him at the right moment though, and force down some apple sauce or juice...anything to keep him from getting dehydrated. Last night I had to wake Brett up to see if he could get J to drink some Pedialyte from a bottle. He wouldn't take it from me. Luckily he did from Brett. We suspect this is all due to a virus or maybe teething. He has some molars coming in. 

In Mom news... Three nights ago I was on my laptop condensing all the journal entries into one file on my computer. I had entries from October 2003 to the present. Well, last night I went to open the file to edit and it wasn't there. Gone. Deleted. Poof! I think I accidentally deleted the wrong file after I condensed. So, I have lost all journal entries from May 2005 to September 2005 (I have a file on the other computer with entries up to August 2005). Needless to say I am very upset about this as I have been saving all my entries since shortly after J's website debuted. I guess I shouldn't be too depressed since it's my own fault for not making a backup disk. Oh well. I learned my lesson. 

If by chance, anyone has been saving journal entries, please let me know! Thanks!

Please check out new pictures on the photo album page!

No comments:

Post a Comment