Monday, November 24, 2003

November 24, 2003

I am SO proud of my son. He's been off CPAP just under 48 hours and has only had one apnea spell. I think the 4th time will be the charm for staying off!! Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I tried breast-feeding Jacob for the first time. He latched on a few times but after 20 minutes, the nurse had to hook his feeding on. Tonight I will try again. His feeding schedule is now 42ccs over an hour, off for two hours and so on. Next will be over 30 min, every three hours, then off the tube all together. They are supplementing my breast milk with formula now because I am not keeping up with him. My Fat Cow Baby as I call him gained two ounces yesterday and is now 4lbs 3oz! God’s hands have definitely worked a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment