Tuesday, December 2, 2003

December 2, 2003

9:00am - Due to the continued apnea/bradycardia spells, Jacob is going back down to the NICU this morning. Dr. Roan will then order a CBC (Complete Blood Count) to check for any early signs of infection. Dr. Roan explained to me that Jacob isn't showing any other signs of not feeling well, but he wants to check things out to be safe. He told me bottle-feeding could be contributing to the a/b problem because he is still learning how to suck-breath-swallow. As soon as I know more, I will spread the word.

3:30pm - Jacob is having a good afternoon. He is back in the NICU in an isolation room. He will remain there until they can determine whether he has an infection. I let the nurse know that I woke this morning with a sore throat and that if Jacob is sick, I probably gave it to him. What a nice Mommy!! The blood count they ordered came back normal and they have ordered testing on his throat secretions but that will take a day or two to show results. Needless to say Mommy isn't going to visit him for a day or two or until this cold thing goes away. 

This afternoon my dear friends at work are throwing me a baby shower. My Mom, sisters and Brett will be coming up to join us. I'll share all the details and probably many photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment