Sunday, December 7, 2003

December 7, 2003

After sleeping in late, I went up to the hospital for Jacob's 2pm feeding. He was squirming and coughing and just wasn't very interested in the bottle. He only took about 6ccs...out of 55. After 20 minutes of trying, I put him back to bed and changed his diaper. Whoa, boy that was fun! Jacob is famous in the NICU for having a smelly bum! Hmm, maybe that's why he was so restless...concentrating! Nothing changed when Dr's did their rounds today. His oxygen increased slightly this morning though. I talked to his nurse about his coughing and asked if she would mention something to the Dr on call. From what the nurse told me, the Dr isn't going to become concerned unless he has a large increase in his oxygen requirements. Alrighty then! Boy is he gaining weight now! He's already up to 5lbs 6.5 oz! I think I underestimated his homecoming birth weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment