Tuesday, December 23, 2003

December 23, 2003

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up! One of Jacob's eyes has gotten worse (the other has stayed the same). This means he won't be able to come home by the 28th like they thought early this morning. The 28th was the "magic number" as one nurse called it. He has to stay until his eyes are checked again next Tue in case they are worse and need surgery again. If they are the same or better, we should be able to bring him home. That's if everything else is still going well. 

During my visit this afternoon, I spoke with Jacob's evening nurse Pat. She said that maybe they would let us go to Mother/Baby Sunday and Monday to get used to things, and then see what happens Tues with his eye exam. Either he'd go back to the NICU for surgery or he would get to come home. At least we would have gotten the Mother/baby part of out the way to get used to caring for him and bottling him, etc. She told me not to get my hopes up because she doesn't know if they would do something like that. It sounds great to me!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment